All about the Rosetta Stone Program
Rosetta Stone Program is a language learning solution. This is basically an app that you first need to install. While buying, you will choose the language and its multiple levels. You can add extra levels, later. We will write our objective review of Rosetta Stone program in this article.
The maximum limit for the levels of a single language is 5. But, several languages only have 1 through 3 available, i.e. The program will not cover the advanced areas of selected languages. Each level contains 4 units. Further, each unit contains 4 key lessons. There are almost thirty-five activities in total.
It takes twenty to thirty minutes to complete the lessons. Time for the extra activities is five to ten minutes. The extra activities link to a particular lesson and concentrates on one aspect of a language, such as the vocabulary, pronunciation, writing, etc.
Moreover, each lesson has a review. When you are done with a level, you sporadically have to revise the concepts. But you cannot see a review of the previous or next level. The reviews depend upon the time spent, not the number of activities. Therefore, as much time you take to finish a level, so many reviews, you will be able to see.
Different Tasks of Rosetta Learning
- To get an idea before you purchase, you can find a free demo on the website of Rosetta Stone.
- You will work on different exercises. The native language speakers pronounce a word corresponding to an image. You will hear it. Either you will select an image on hearing or looking at a phrase or you will choose the phrase that corresponds to an image. You may need to type the words or edit a phrase.
- You will not see any lengthy grammar statements. Likewise, you will find nothing from any other language. All concerns with the language, you opt out to study.
- Rosetta Stone language learning program seems easy in the demo, but multiple levels are hard and make you learn much more. You will enjoy taking the challenges in different tasks.
- The product comes with the headset and Audio CDs.
- Rosetta is available in almost 30 languages.
- Rosetta Stone is very effective in teaching you the vocabulary of a language. Due to its forced reiteration, you will retain it. The repeated tasks are good to memorize.
- The product makes you learn the correct pronunciation and speaking skills. Make sure, the mic works correctly. Rosetta focuses on the language accent as well.
- You will learn the grammatical rules of the language with examples and exercises.
- This application teaches you a language step by step, from basic to advanced.
- It makes easy the use of verbs and tenses by assigning you simple tasks.
- The newer versions are more developed than the old ones.
Positive Rosetta Stone Reviews and Benefits
The installation and microphone setting is quite easy. The way of teaching is also inspiring. The drumming vocabulary drills are very interesting and effective. The repetitions help you a lot in recalling the forgotten words of the initial levels. The studio lessons are pretty exciting. You feel like having a genuine classroom experience. The teacher knows which phrases the student knows and which ones are new to him.
If you do not check “open in browser” option, you need no subscription, except for the version 5 of Rosetta. It is not for those who want to learn a language in a short time. It is, however, beneficial for those, who are interested in learning whether in the long run. If you are motivated to learn a language, you will definitely learn a lot. Sooner or later, you will be able to chit chat in that language. So, it might benefit you in a way no one else experienced.
You might have seen in the ad of this product that it comes with the money back guarantee of 4 months. So, it is surely a great offer by the company. If you are not satisfied with the program, you may return it within the mentioned timespan.
Those who cannot afford to study abroad, Rosetta is a great option for them. As compared to the expenditures of studying a native language abroad, using this program is much better. Whenever in life you will visit that foreign country, you will have enough skills to communicate with the native speakers. Most of all, it supports the Lexia learning as well.
Negative Rosetta Stone Reviews and Suggestions
Those who do not recommend learning through Rosetta Stone are of the view that this app is not a sole solution to a language learning. You will also need a useful instructional book with it. Some people say that it gives less examples. Sometimes, more explanation is required.
Rosetta Stone is costly and if you buy additional packages and subscriptions with it, it becomes more expensive. Sometimes, it is not clear what the image is trying to display. Again, keep a dictionary with you. It will assist you a lot.
Examples are better in the level 4 and 5 of a language, but when you reach level 4, you frustrate from repeated concepts. Novice speakers think that they need more grammar assistance, which Rosetta lacks. Besides, there is less interaction with the native language speakers on the advanced levels. When the language becomes complicated, it requires more instructions. It is not possible to learn this way without a lot of interactive assignments.
The additions in the newer versions are not up to the mark. For every additional thing, you need online subscription that, of course, demands extra charges. Another drawback is that games are a part of these subscriptions.
You cannot use Rosetta in an airplane. It requires an internet connection. The focus is on the listening skills rather than speaking. The speech recognition is not clear due to poor microphone given with the product. Furthermore, they do not recommend the analog mic. Use a USB gaming headphone instead.
Sometimes, you may need a dictionary for the translation of words. There is no glossary that takes you back to the previous level, in case, you forget a phrase. You can get an idea to the basic level, but cannot be fluent or the language expert like native speakers.
So, in conclusion, it depends on your choice and requirements. If you want to learn as a native expert, it is not recommended, but for learning through interesting activities and being able to understand and communicate in your selected particular language, it is a very helpful application.